Student Employment Opportunities

Student Employment

All childcare employees in the state of Oregon are required to be enrolled in the Criminal Background Registry.  This process can take a few weeks.  Please begin the process now if you would like to work at the center.

First, complete the online application (using the mailing address where you currently get mail).  Then complete fingerprinting once you receive a response with directions for that part of the process.

Student Aide

This position is responsible for assisting the lead and assistant teachers in implementing a developmental child-care program for children assigned to the classroom, ranging in ages from eight weeks through 11 years of age. Under the direct supervision of the lead and assistant teachers, the student aide interacts with children and contributes to maintaining the safety and organization of the program and environment.

Description of Duties:

  • Interacts with children in a variety of situations, including: providing meaningful caregiving routines and one-on-one nurturing and support for individual children; and facilitating and guiding both small and large group activities and child-directed play.
  • Assists in the general maintenance, cleaning and on-going organization of the program and environment.
  • Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.

Working Conditions: This position requires ability to bend, lift, and sit on the floor with children on a daily basis; occasional travel for field trips by walking and by center bus; frequent exposure to cleaning solutions such as disinfectant hand soap and sanitizing agents; frequent exposure to childhood illnesses. Work environment includes high noise and activity levels.

Minimum Qualifications:

  • Be at least fifteen years of age.
  • Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution, either secondary school or college.
  • Be registered in the Oregon Child Care Division's Criminal History Registry (prior to beginning employment).
  • Have a current Food Handler's permit within 30 days of employment.


  • Signed Social Security Card per IRS/Social Security Administration rules (actual card, not a copy)
  • Photo identification (driver's license or student id)